[Jacob-list] Orchard trees & Pumpkins

Cheryl Gordon chgordon96 at gmail.com
Thu Sep 29 17:03:37 EDT 2011

I plan on feeding pumpkins again this year, my sheep seem to appreciate
having them broken open. Having an edge to bite makes them much easier to
eat, whole ones seem to sit there a while but broken ones get eaten. And
having several pieces spread out makes it easier for everyone to get some.
Besides, smashing pumpkins makes me feel like a teenager again:)

Last year I fed one or two pumpkins at a time to nine ewes and got thru them
all before they froze and got mushy. Not their whole diet, just something
extra.

I'm currently giving sheep what is left of my last years butternut squash,
if treated like eggs those things last a looong time. I started tossing my
melon rinds into the sheep pasture as well, they are gone by the next day.

Cheryl Gordon