[Jacob-list] vaccinations

Neal Grose nlgrose at yadtel.net
Sat Sep 24 22:20:30 EDT 2011

Shipping fever is a catch all term for a combination of ailments. Animals may have one disease that has little effect on them, but when they come in contact with other animals from other locations, along with the stress of a long truck ride, etc., they may soon wind up with everything everybody else has. That’s when Pastuerella comes along and finishes them off. Even if they survive, the abscesses can cause lifelong problems.
IBR vaccine gives some cross protection. I don’t know how many vaccines are created for sheep.

Neal