[Jacob-list] Penicillin for sheep

Zach Oaster zach at fattoaster.com
Thu Sep 8 19:18:06 EDT 2011

I had a ewe that was gored by a highland cow horn earlier this year, and
after the vet stitched her up, he also handed me some penicillin and
suggested that I give her a heavy dose daily. I actually asked him twice
more to repeat the suggested dose so I was sure he wasn't making a mistake.
Sure enough, she recovered and it was fine... and she was my smallest, most
primitive-frame ewe.

Good luck!

Zach Oaster
zach at fattoaster.com