[Jacob-list] Breech birth

gotothewhip at aol.com gotothewhip at aol.com
Sat Mar 26 23:35:07 EDT 2011

I totally agree with Neil.... In addition to the reccomended Antibiotics... You might consider a lavage/flush.... we use a tomcat catheter with a 60cc dose tip syringe fill a mason jar up with tepid water, and add enough Betadine/iodine to make the water look like weak iced tea. Fill the syringe, then gently feed in the tomcat catheterin her vulva.. dont push too hard, but just gently feed it in there. Attach the syringe to the end of the catheter and push in the syringe,... detach it from the catheter (leaving the catheter in the ewe) and refill the syringe..... Use all of the water. I do this daily for 3 days on one that had a difficult lambing.

Jennifer Tucker