[Jacob-list] Jacob-list Digest, Vol 85, Issue 12

jessica at spiritcraftwellness.com jessica at spiritcraftwellness.com
Tue Jun 21 15:40:26 EDT 2011

Hello All,

I have four dobermans, believe it or not, who love my Jacobs. They view them as "their" sheep. The sheep love them as well, but they were raised with a livestock guardian, so they are used to the energy of dogs, and my dogs have practically no prey drive, only a protective instinct.

I was speaking to another owner in the area who had a problem with some neighbors herding dogs when she first got her sheep BECAUSE they were raised with livestock guardian. Her sheep didn't know to view dogs as a threat and run. She switched up to a combination of livestock guardian and scheduled time in and out. So far i haven't heard any problems.

Good luck!!!

Jessica.