[Jacob-list] Feeding Pregnant Ewes

Johann Kuntz johanndiedrich at msn.com
Sat Jan 1 15:46:49 EST 2011

I just stayed up all night working, and I was thinking about this list and the upcoming lamb season. I don't know why I didn't think of this before, but I would like to share a youtube link to a video I took last year of one of my ewes giving birth. I'm sure most of you have had your sheep long enough to have witnessed it live, but maybe some new Jacob shepherds might enjoy seeing it. Sorry if you find it a bit slow with silly commentary. :) It was my first ever lamb birth so I was pretty excited.

*Note: She had twins, but I didn't get to start filming until right after the fist one fell out. The video shows the second lamb falling out.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ya2UkaVn-RE

Does anyone else think the first lamb's tail looks a little longer than it should?

Johann