[Jacob-list] Handspinning Fleeces

Jennifer gotothewhip at aol.com
Fri Dec 16 09:34:01 EST 2011

Hi All!

As Many of you know, I am involved with setting up and running the National Western Collegiate Wool Judging contest in January.

We are the only Collegiate contest that offers Collegiate Judging classes of Handspinning wools.

Typically we have 2 Natural Colored classes, and a white handspinning class. Usually we have a Coarse class (46's or so) white or black Lincolns or Karakul, a medium Nat Colored Class (Usually 52's-58's), and then a Fine Class either white fines or Nat color like CVM's

The gal that typically provides the Mediums indicated last night that she is not certain she could provide fleeces this year

For obvious reasons, as an official I cannot provide fleeces (not to mention, Im almost sold out)

Would any of you be interested in offering a fleece (that will be returned to you) or two for this contest? Clean fleeces, that represent good handspinning type fleeces are prefered ... Skirted, etc, as they will be judged on a handspinning basis. Or if you have one that has a challenge.. maybe brittle, weal or has a break.... I would be interested in hearing from you.

I can be reached at jtucer at adcogov.org or call me at 720-810-3238 and we can talk about what you have. I think this would be a tremendous opportunity to put nice Jacob fleeces in front of about 250 Collegiate Wool Judges, and let them see our product!

Jennifer Tucker
Moose Mtn Ranch
www.MooseMtnRanch.com
Bennett, CO