[Jacob-list] Vermont flooding

Betty Berlenbach lambfarm at tds.net
Tue Aug 30 07:54:55 EDT 2011

Hi, all,

We are fine here in our little town, but in other sections of the town, roads are washed away, leaving gaping holes, houses are leaning, and getting around, with all the roads undriveable, will be interesting. There is one open way to the next town, and then to the interstate, but interstate south is closed because it has washed away in at least one place. No one I know is injured. We still have no electricity, but the generator provides access to internet when it’s on. (It also provides us with cold fridge and freezer and flushing toilets, praise the Lord. We have no idea when electricity will be restored. We got phone back at 4 p.m. yesterday. APparently, they have to repair the roads before they can get to the electric lines and poles. In a neighboring town, a truck load of propane tanks ended up in the river, exploding one by one as they travelled downstream. The unexploded ones are now in the yards of people who live along that river. There is mud everywhere. Hope the rest of you are okay.