[Jacob-list] AGM Mention

Jennifer gotothewhip at aol.com
Mon Aug 29 18:43:27 EDT 2011

For those that were at AGM..... I mentioned that there was a very interesting set of slides in a webinar I helped put on. About 1/2 way thru the webinar.... there are slides showing the stages of gestation... the images are of an actual cross section of ewes in different stages of gestation. they were euthanised and immediatley dipped in liquid nitrogen. cross sections of the rumen/fetus are shown to illustrate the problems with ketosis, and why spring of ribs is important to allow more rumen capacity.

go to theis site: http://www.ext.colostate.edu/sam/

On the left hand side of the screen (below the picture of me putting up a temporary fence) there is a link to the webinars... click on the one about the basics of sheep and goats...

Hope you enjoy... entire webnar is about 1 hr

Jennifer Tucker
Moose Mtn Ranch
Bennett, CO