[Jacob-list] Jacob Chops

farmgirlarts at triad.rr.com farmgirlarts at triad.rr.com
Fri Aug 19 15:29:28 EDT 2011

For the last 6 years my family and I have been eating Suffolk market lambs and enjoying them. But last night we grilled our fist Jacob Chops! WOW!!! What a difference. There was no sheepy smell or taste and this was a 1 1/2 yr old ram that was castrated 3 months ago. The flavor and texture were incredible. The market lambs are always fed high protein grain and hay, while my Jacob was on grass with only two handfuls of grain a day. Now, I'd say that if I have a choice, I'd choose Jacob over the Suffolk market lambs any time for flavor. The big difference is probably poundage per age. Most of the market lambs weigh over 60 lbs hanging at 8 mos, while this 1 1/2 yr old Jacob was 50 lbs hanging.

Laura
--

Laura C Frazier

http://www.farmgirlarts.com