[Jacob-list] Docking Tails

RNS1260 at comcast.net RNS1260 at comcast.net
Wed Aug 3 06:00:57 EDT 2011

Fellow Shepherds,

Jacob Sheep have an extra vertebra that allows them to pick up their tails much like a dog. I had kept the ones that had petite little primitive tails that fell not longer than the hock, un-docked. On a negative note, our shearer dislikes the tails because he says, they get in the way and it's one more thing for him to worry about cutting. All in all, it's a personal preference to dock or not to dock.

Cheryl Bresin

Rise 'N' Shine Farm
East Berlin, Pennsylvania

www.risenshinefarm.com

risenshinefarm.blogspot.com

But He that entereth in by the door is the Shepherd of the sheep.To Him the porter openeth; and the sheep hear His voice; and He calleth His own sheep by name, and leadeth them out. And He putteth forth His own sheep, He goeth before and the sheep follow Him; for they know His voice and a stranger they will not follow, but will flee from him: for they know not the voice of strangers.
John 10:3,4,5 KJV

And other sheep I have, which are not of this fold: them also I must bring, and they shall hear my voice; and there shall be one fold, and one shepherd.

John 10:16 KJV