[Jacob-list] How much to feed bottle-fed lambs?

Betty Berlenbach lambfarm at tds.net
Mon Apr 4 16:02:58 EDT 2011

I agree.My sense of bottle babies, though I've only had six or seven in 15 years, is that they'll drink forever if you let them, and always scream when you come out even if it's been a half hour, trying to convince you they're starving! And if I had had a goat, I sure would have used goat milk. In a few of the cases, for some reason, Mama rejected a lamb (and in about half of them, itbecame obvious why over time;she knew something about the lamb that I didn't) and then I milked out mama each day to feed the lamb for the first week at least, then went to milk replacer if I needed to. Twice of those times, mama eventually took the lamb back and I was home free.