[Jacob-list] How much to feed bottle-fed lambs?

Linda patchworkfibers at windstream.net
Mon Apr 4 11:54:43 EDT 2011

I'm at the last few weeks of raising a Jacob bottle baby that was given
to me. I used Sav-A-Lamb, designed specifically for sheep.
Directions say to use 1/4 -1/2 cup _colostrum_ 6 times a day for the day
1/2 cup of the mixed formula 4-6 times a day on days 2-4
3/4 to 1 cup mixed formula 4 times a day on days 5-14
1 1/2 cups mixed formula 3 times a day on days 15-30
then reduce to 2 times a day giving 2 cups per feeding and gradually wean.
That's what the bag says. I fed less than that volume-wise for my Jacob lamb
She's doing very well on it. She's 7 weeks old now and getting 2 8 ounce
feedings

Linda.

--
Patchwork Farm Jacob Sheep <http://www.patchworkfibers.com>