[Jacob-list] How much to feed bottle-fed lambs?

Jason Anders rockytopjacobs at att.net
Mon Apr 4 08:07:15 EDT 2011

Good Morning:

One week ago we had two lambs born that were rejected by their mother.  It seems
that she didn't have enough milk and by the time we found them, they had gone
probably 5-6 hours without feeding.  We feed them colostrum and kept them
going.  We are now feeding a kid goat milk replacer recommended by our vet but
are having a hard time knowing how much to feed them.  They are having runny
stools although seem to be doing OK.  We are feeding about 4 ounces every 6
hours and also giving them some anti-diarrheal medicine.  Any advice out there
would be very much appreciated.  We have never had to bottle feed before.
Thanks so much!