[Jacob-list] FW: Top 3 best tasting lamb breeds

ARTHUR PARTRIDGE aztreaz at earthlink.net
Fri Sep 24 23:30:12 EDT 2010

>We only raise Jacobs for meat (the reason I'm usually quiet on the list)

and while I may be a little biased, I believe it to be the finest lamb of
all. My reasoning is that a 3-year-old entire ram can be eaten as lamb.
=========
We wait until the wether lambs are full grown, larger lamb chops, etc.
.Last year I offered to bring a leg of lamb roast, Jacob, of course, for a
dinner of some local dignitaries, three retired University Professors
Emeritus and their wives, all active in the community, and also our current
State Legislature Representative and his wife. They thought they were
eating a very tasty, tender, succulent, lamb roast; but it was really a
2-yr-old wether. I kept quiet about it's true age. I used lots of garlic
probably too much), fresh rosemary, olive oil, and smoked in on the outdoor
grill.

Cathy
Moscow, Idaho