[Jacob-list] Question......

Linda patchworkfibers at windstream.net
Fri Sep 17 09:42:01 EDT 2010

You'd be hard pressed to find two Jacob breeders that agree on just what
the "ideal" specimen is :-) We are quite as opinionated as our Jacobs.
There are so many traits, as has been mentioned, that are important but
not physically apparent in the show ring. And there is the beautiful
ewe/ram that never produces keeper lambs.
Other than occasionally dragging someone else's sheep in the show ring,
I've shown once at SAFF. It was interesting to see so many Jacobs at AGM
and have the chance to talk to those breeders that do show frequently.
One thing that really jumped out at me is that no one is 'breeding for
the show ring'. Of course, when entering sheep in a show, breeders
choose those animals that they feel will do the best, but that's not the
focus of any breeding program that I can see.
Linda

--
Patchwork Farm Jacob Sheep <http://www.patchworkfibers.com>