[Jacob-list] Docking tails and castrations

Brenda brenda at brenalanfarm.com
Sat May 8 01:57:12 EDT 2010

It is probably a good idea to check with your vet re: when to vaccinate
lambs. I am all in favor of vaccinating, but some evidence suggests that
lambs do not develop immunities until much later than one month. If I
understand correctly, there is probably no harm in vaccinating earlier, but
a dose should be given around 14 weeks and maybe one later still. It seems
the evidence is not entirely clear, so asking your area's smartest and most
academically up-to-date vet might be a good idea.

Brenda