[Jacob-list] White lamb

Dan Carpenter Hobsickle at aol.com
Sun Mar 28 11:46:49 EDT 2010

It's virtually impossible to totally eliminate recessive alleles from a gene
pool (witness red in Holsteins). I'd be surprised if there WEREN'T some
white genetics floating around in the Jacob gene pool--even had there never
been any crossbreeding. Not bringing in any outside blood would increase
the probabilities of such rare recessives.

I suspect that there could be other explanations also.

-Dan