[Jacob-list] Earthhues dyes

Lia Belanger lbbdvm at londonderryvet.com
Mon Mar 22 19:58:15 EDT 2010

I love to overdye blended gray Jacob wool. The white strands pick up more
color and the black/gray strands give it a wonderful richness. Take the
plunge (literally) and play around a bit. I especially like to use a medium
blue dye which turns out sort of like denim. I've also done light/med red
dye onto blended gray wool, which turns out more of a pink to purplish
color. Lovely!! Be warned however, it is highly addictive...

As an aside, don't be afraid to use the "plain" gray. I made a cable knit
cardigan out of some of mine and I really like it- not at all plain or
boring.

Happy dyeing,
Lia Belanger Book
Elizabethtown, PA