[Jacob-list] rejecting lambs

Linda patchworkfibers at windstream.net
Tue Mar 9 11:21:40 EST 2010

This morning I watched out the living room window as a first time lamber
delivered a single lamb out towards the back of about a 3/4 acre
paddock. When the lamb was born, she took one look at it and ran to the
back corner of the fence - about 30 feet away and stared at it. I
figured d**m and got some colostrum out of the freezer. And watched for
awhile. The ewe kept creeping closer and closer to the lamb - a little
wary, but interested. After about a five minute stalk, the ewe reached
the lamb, took a sniff and started cleaning a handsome lilac ram lamb.
Lamb is up, nursing and bouncing now.
Sometimes we jump in too fast to help, when no help is needed.

Linda .

--
Patchwork Farm Jacob Sheep <http://www.patchworkfibers.com>