[Jacob-list] wool loss

Lorraine Nielsen fourwinds at gotsky.com
Sat Jun 19 13:04:12 EDT 2010

I had my flock sheared a month ago, in mid-May. Most of the ewes are
growing back their wool, but a few --all lactating ewes-- are sloughing
wool. I've checked for mites (although some might be too tiny to see?)and
they've been wormed (Ivermectin). Can this be a nutritional thing? Should
I be supplementing their diet beyond the pasture and alfalfa hay? This is
our fourth year with these ewes and we've never seen this before, outside
a little sloughing around the belly at lambing time.

Lorraine

Lorraine Nielsen
Shear Bliss, Four Winds Farm
www.fourwindswool.com