[Jacob-list] 3 horned Jacob

ARTHUR PARTRIDGE aztreaz at earthlink.net
Sun Jun 6 15:51:48 EDT 2010

>Has anyone ever seen a true 3 horned Jacob?

=========
I thought I had a 3-horned ewe. She was my first Jacob at a time when I
didn't know about Jacobs. She came from an auction where the lady bought
two ewes and a ram because her son is named 'Jacob', so she didn't know
anything about the breed either. Her husband decided that he didn't like
sheep, so I bought them. I overpaid for them too, $200 each for
non-registered sheep from who-knows-where! That's how it all started for
me, 14 years ago.. The ewe is nicely spotted on body and legs. Later I
looked closely at the largest horn and it is actually two horns that are
fused along the entire length of the horn. From a distance she looks like
a 3-horned ewe. Maybe in some cases it would take a magnifying glass to
see the graft line on fused horns.

Cathy
Moscow, Idaho