[Jacob-list] The last few days.. jacob market lambs

gotothewhip at aol.com gotothewhip at aol.com
Thu Jul 29 15:44:35 EDT 2010

Well we are in the homestretch.. The biggest lamb (Lillywold Job X Broken O Dotted Eye) is going to be close to making the 85lb minimum weight... Its been really hot the last few days and he isnt eating as well as he had been...2 others are within 5 lbs (and 8 days to go) If we can keep the 0.5 lbs day minimum gain we are in good shape....

but intersting fact..

The little girl showing them has the 5 Jacob wethers from me, and also has a suffolk X ewe that she is showing as a mkt lamb.

Avg Daily Gain was measured between May 15 and July 1.

Suffolk avg 0.62 lbs ADG

big Jacob is 0.53lbs ADG.

They are both on the feed regimine... I am pleasantly surprised.

Her Jacobs started out a LOT smaller and lighter.. but are gaining at similar rates!

Her biggest issue with the Jacobs is dealing witht he horns when trying to brace them to look like a market lamb.

Again.. Not trying to make the Jacobs into something they are not.. just having fun playing the game!

Jennifer Tucker
Moose Mtn Ranch