[Jacob-list] Concrete floor for sheep shed

Bill & Jeannette Joosse wjjoosse at gmail.com
Tue Jul 27 14:45:24 EDT 2010

Just wondering if anyone has any pros or cons about using 12x12 concrete
blocks in a sheep shed.
I live in Elmira OR (15 west of Eugene) and we get quite a bit of rain
during the winter and spring.
We have dug drenches and culvert in areas to keep the water from flooding
the one part of the sheep shed floor.
The water just seems to come up whether it wants!
We ruled out gravel because we thought it would be too hard to clean up the
poop.
So we were thinking about using 12x12 concrete blocks in this one area.
I didn't find online that concrete was harmful or had an adverse effect on
sheep.
But thought best to pose this question to the group.

Jeannette