[Jacob-list] Activated Charcoal for diarrhea

Bill & Jeannette Joosse wjjoosse at gmail.com
Sun Jul 25 23:46:51 EDT 2010

I am still dealing with the chronic diarrhea. I had the ram on
Kaolin-Pectin 60 mg at 3 times a day for 3 days plus 7cc of penicillin for 3
days (giving an injection every other day). Diarrhea started to clear up,
but as soon as I stopped the Kaolin-Pectin stool loosened again.
Have not tried SMZ yet, that's on my list for Monday to discuss with vet.
However, has anyone ever used activated charcoal to treat diarrhea?
Thanks to everyone for all their help.
Jeannette