[Jacob-list] Diarrhea

hobbyknobfarm hobbyknobfarm at main.nc.us
Wed Jul 21 23:09:12 EDT 2010

For coccidea I have most recently been using SMZ (sulfamethoxazole and Trimethoprim) in tablets 800mg/160mg, 1tab per 20#, dissolves easily in water so I just bolus in a syringe, once a day for 5 days , does the trick pretty quickly. Although I have never had to use it with the Jacobs (never say never) I have used it with an occasional other lamb, kid goat and a llama. I get a 100tablet bottle from my vet for 40.00. Lasts a while (unless I have to treat a llama) I have also used something called biosponge for diarrhea once I know what I am dealing with. My vet says that biosponge is good to use in case of toxin ingestion. I know that you use it judiciously as it can stop things up too. Again, never used it on a sheep but I keep it around.

Elizabeth Strub
www.hobbyknobfarm.com
RUFIT Nutrition