[Jacob-list] Fiber: black/white/fading/freckles/ticking

Linda patchworkfibers at windstream.net
Thu Jul 15 20:21:55 EDT 2010

My comment was on part of Fred's original post. There is more to the
post than what I quoted. There are more things in play than just
minerals/nutrition.
Fed the same, the graying is more likely to be genetics. Neal's post on
sunbleaching relates to fiber diameter.
Graying/fading/roaning/sunbleaching are not the same. Not sure what you
mean by "faded".
Genetics, feeding, management ( keep them coated or in the shade), all
contribute to fleece color.

Linda

--
Patchwork Farm Jacob Sheep <http://www.patchworkfibers.com>