[Jacob-list] Comments on meat lambs

ARTHUR PARTRIDGE aztreaz at earthlink.net
Sun Jul 4 13:16:42 EDT 2010

>As many of you know, I only raise Jacobs for meat, and I consider it the

finest lamb available. We slaughter no younger than 10 months, and the meat
is >indistinguishable from this when it's a 3-year-old ram. I dare anyone
to tell the difference.

Melanie
=========
Same here, totally agree. We want the largest 'lamb' chops possible so we
wait until the sheep are full grown, so they aren't really considered
lambs. Most of the wethers are used for meat and sheepskins. As for the
older ewes and wethers, there have been a few going to the butchers now and
then. We get our choice of sausage flavors, I like chorizo and German, and
we get them in both formed sausages and bulk sausage. Eweburger is good
too, although often made with old wether. If that is considered mutton,
then it is delicious!

Bon Appetite!
Cathy
Moscow, Idaho