[Jacob-list] intersting, but pointless

Dan Carpenter Hobsickle at aol.com
Sun Jan 31 09:07:00 EST 2010

A couple of years ago during a dry spell I decided to dig up a chronically
wet spot to fix what I thought was a broken tile. When I got about 3 feet
down, instead of finding a broken tile I found an artesian spring and by the
next morning the hole was filled to the top with water! This summer I
expanded a pasture so that it overlapped that spring and decided to use it
as a watering hole until it froze over. (You know-save on all that
electricity to run a tank heater.) Well, would you believe that it's the
end of January and here in Michigan the ground is frozen rock-hard, the
temperatures have been dropping to near zero, and not only is the spring
still open, but yesterday I saw two frogs swimming (not hibernating) in it?

-Dan