[Jacob-list] Wool Insulation website

Linda patchworkfibers at windstream.net
Wed Jan 13 16:22:37 EST 2010

We used wool to insulate a portion of our water pipes. It worked great
until last week when the pipes froze. It turns out that some cold
rodents wiggled in and carried off the wool for their nests. I can see a
little wool in some of the squirrel nests, but imagine there are some
very cozy mice around, too.
I remember someone on this list talking about older houses in her area
(Ohio)having wool insulation. Eventually the moths would get into the wool.
It certainly sounds alot healthier than the usual insulation materials.
Linda

--
Patchwork Farm Jacob Sheep <http://www.patchworkfibers.com>