[Jacob-list] Jacob-list Digest, Vol 67, Issue 12

Pam Kern sugarhaus at yahoo.com
Wed Jan 6 15:48:36 EST 2010

Just had to add my 2 cents to the line about crosses. I have one F1 ewe from a Jacob 5 horn ewe and a Targee. She is White no horns black spots on her ears. Her fleece has a lot of luster and is a little more open then the Jacob. I also have a F1 ewe from Jacob Shetland she is black w/a cow face and 2 perfect horns. her wool looks like Shetland but is so coarse it would make a nice Brillo pad. This year I bred the 5 horn to a Ramboullet and got 2 rams one white w/spots on his ears and 1 spotted w/4horns, nice soft open fleece. I also bred one of the ramboullet ewe to a Jacob and ended up with a ewe black w/cow face no horns. More open fleece and pretty soft. Every time I have taken a Jacob to a Shetland they are always the biggest pets just like the rest of my Shetlands, doesn't matter if it was a ewe or ram Shetland but always coarse wool that I just don't like. Can't say that any of them have been dumb seem to have kept them smarter side of the breeds

Pamela at the Sugarhaus

The Sugarhaus home of English Angora rabbits,
Shetland and Jacob sheep, Rambouillet sheep in brown or white,
Nubian, Lamancha, and Angora goats,
Raw wool, roving's and Hand made items.

sugarhaus at yahoo.com