[Jacob-list] Tree-killing sheep

gotothewhip at aol.com gotothewhip at aol.com
Fri Feb 5 15:32:13 EST 2010

I have seen sheep go to trees for no reason, but often I have seen them go to trees when they are lacking something..

The most obvious is Dietary Fiber.... How is the feed supply of roughage?

Other times it is a mineral deficiency or vitamin issue. Do you offer minerals? While we have a primitive breed that has minimal requirements compared to other breeds, we have to recognize that we are keeping them in an artificial (fenced) environment, on a continent that is not their native range. We feed multiple sources of mineral/vitamin supplements (free choice)

Jennifer Tucker
Moose Mtn Ranch