[Jacob-list] Drum carder

ARTHUR PARTRIDGE aztreaz at earthlink.net
Thu Feb 4 15:25:29 EST 2010

>I've been thinking about purchasing a drum carder as an upgrade from my

current dutch combs....my hands hurt with all that pulling. I would love to
hear what people >with Jacobs like to use?

>Leigh

>Bent Willow Farm

============
I have a Strauch carder. It is chain driven, other brands are belt driven.
I have the carder made for medium coarse wool, there is a carder for fine
wool (Merino, Targhee, Rambouillet, etc.) and The Petite does both types of
wool. If you are doing Jacob wool, I don't think you want the carder made
for fine wool. My friends who do a lot of fiber have an electric carder
made by Patrick Green (?) (I will check on that). I don't mind turning the
crank. I ordered mine from Woodland Woolworks in Carlton, Oregon, it is a
good company and close to home. My Strauch is signed and numbered.

for more info:
Welcome to Strauch Fiber Equipment Co.
http://www.strauchfiber.com/ - 9k - similar pagesThe many improvements
we've made to the original drum carder design have been so well received by
the fiber arts community

Cathy
Moscow, Idaho