[Jacob-list] Drum Carder

Linda patchworkfibers at windstream.net
Wed Feb 3 15:40:13 EST 2010

I hear you on the combs - I have English and Lanicombs. They are great,
but really hard on your hands after a day of it. I have a Patrick Green
Supercard and it works great on all the different types of Jacob fleece.
The loosely crimped, demi-luster type of Jacob is pretty easy to process
and any good carder should do a good job. My old Clemes and Clemes
worked well on the looser fleeces, but it was hard to get nepless batts
on the really elastic fleeces. I checked out a few other carders before
I bought the SC. I like the Strauch carder.

Linda

--
Patchwork Farm Jacob Sheep <http://www.patchworkfibers.com>