[Jacob-list] looking for fleece

Linda patchworkfibers at windstream.net
Thu Aug 26 18:05:10 EDT 2010

I'm looking for raw fleece from Jacob crosses. One parent must be pure
Jacob and the other must be a purebred animal of another breed. Must be
a 50/50 cross. I prefer to get around 8 ounces if I can.
I just bought some Jacob/Merino fleece on eBay, along with some Merino
and it was very interesting to see how an f1 generation cross affected
the fleece character. It was really interesting when I got to talking to
the seller and found out the Jacob ewe was a ewe I'd sold five years ago
as a lamb. So I had a pretty good idea of the ewe's fleece as well as
her background.

Linda
--
Patchwork Farm Jacob Sheep <http://www.patchworkfibers.com>