[Jacob-list] FW: Advice Please - Jacobs and Goats

ARTHUR PARTRIDGE aztreaz at earthlink.net
Mon Aug 16 14:16:16 EDT 2010

>Not sure about pygmies, but our goats always rule over the Jacob sheep. We

have had Nubians and Alpines, and one grafted (to a Jacob ewe whom lost her
lamb) >Boer kid.

>Sue (and Marie)

============
We have both goats and Jacob sheep. I never put the goats with the sheep.
They are two pygmy goats and a larger pygora goat (pygmy + angora). The
goats are always head butting each other. A friend of mine put her
pregnant ewe in with two mother Nubian goats. The ewe never lambed, my
guess is the goats butted the ewe constantly. I paid double for the ewe to
get her out of there and back home to the Jacob flock. It really isn't a
good combination. Like Sue wrote, "goats rule over the sheep". That is
very true.

Cathy
Moscow, Idaho