[Jacob-list] Gender Linked Horns, Scurs, & Genetic Letter for Lilac

Linda patchworkfibers at windstream.net
Thu Aug 5 20:18:57 EDT 2010

Doesn't the expression of the dilute depend on what it's diluting? Like
in rabbits - blue is dilute black, lilac (not our sheep lilac) is dilute
chocolate. I get confused with the terms blue/chocolate/dark lilac in
regard to Jacobs. I tend to look at leg markings to make a judgment. My
lilacs are pretty much all chocolates - with brown leg markings, brown
facial markings, brown fleece, and they do breed true. Some do not hold
color well and their fleeces tend to "gray" (or get to be an oatmeal
color more than a blue/gray), but they retain chocolate leg markings.

--
Patchwork Farm Jacob Sheep <http://www.patchworkfibers.com>