[Jacob-list] Mountain state fair sheep show

hobbyknobfarm hobbyknobfarm at main.nc.us
Thu Sep 24 12:32:39 EDT 2009

We just had our wool sheep show here in Asheville. Elke brought 3 lambs, one of which was a very nice Jacob ewe lamb from her ewe and my ram Andy (well, Andy actually was a result of a purchase of a bred ewe from Cheryl 3 years ago, but he was born here) Anyway, that little ewe lamb was 1st place in fine wool (we have no Jacob class at our fair) and Grand Champion fleece in fine wool - she is a very nice ewe lamb, and is for sale by the way, and the judge is a fleece/spinner/breeder so she really looks at fleeces when she judges. I had to toot Elke's horn as she is not on this list. You too can show some Jacob's at SAFF here in October. I imagine this little lamb will be there then along with my one ewe lamb and maybe a yearling if I have the energy to get her used to the halter again.
Elizabeth
www.hobbyknobfarm.com