[Jacob-list] Primitive characteristics

ARTHUR PARTRIDGE aztreaz at earthlink.net
Sun Nov 22 21:14:06 EST 2009

>>I don't think anyone wants a "nutso" Jacob. I have never had one myself.

Mine all seem to be pretty smart, but if I ever get a nutso I will
certainly cull it from the flock.
============
How about Jacob sheep being called "loupy"? That is what one of my
yearling ewes was called last week by a new owner. The sheep jumped,
tugged, and then laid down flat when the lady tried to move her with a
halter and lead. I thought :"loupy" meant "nutso" so naturally, I was
offended; however, the word "loup" in the dictionary means "to jump and
leap about" which is exactly what the ewe was doing. I explained that the
Jacob sheep are primitive sheep, but she wants tame, friendly sheep.

Hmmm. In trying to send the above, my spell checker came up with the word
"loopy" which means "eccentric, befuddled or confused; esp. due to
intoxication", so I guess I am offended after all.

Cathy
Moscow, Idaho
Home of the loupy, but not loopy, sheep