[Jacob-list] Jacob hides

ARTHUR PARTRIDGE aztreaz at earthlink.net
Thu Mar 26 15:03:52 EDT 2009

>We sent our Jacob hides to Lonestar Furs over two years ago. We made

contact on more than one occasion. At first we were sympathetic >to his
over load of a new business.?He even had us talked into sending this years
hides and doing them all at once. We decided we would >like to see his work
first. We have never heard anything back and he still has our original
order and 1/2 down payment. I think we will just >stick with Bucks County.
I hope others have a better?experience.
=========
No, we didn't have a better experience. I waited two or three years, I
forgot. We finally received the pelts last summer. He did a really good
job on them, he's just so slooooooowwwww. There also was little
communication. I had one pelt that was my nicest one of all and I thought
for sure he kept it, plus the deposit for three more. After a year, I
finally received word that they were in the "pickling" stage. About two
years later, I received them. He wrote that he was overwhelmed with hides
and pelts and wouldn't be taking anymore. I sent my latest hides to Sterns
Tanning now that they are back in business. They take about 5 months to do
the job.

Cathy Partridge
Moscow, Idaho