[Jacob-list] OCD suspect lamb update

gotothewhip at aol.com gotothewhip at aol.com
Tue Mar 24 13:04:05 EDT 2009

We pulled blood, and after a 1 hour exam, by 2 vets... we have not ruled out OCD? or Lysomal storage, but it has moved to a lower spot on the list.

We had planned to do radiographs, but the vet opted to wait a few weeks as we had poked and prodded the little lamb enough for one day.

The current theory is H.I.P.? Hypoxic Ischemic? Eccephalopathy.?? Basically oxygen deprivation at birth.? The cord may have gotten pinched or oxygen rich blood may have been pinched off to the brain or other organs.? The vet said he had a very good to excellent prognosis if this is the case as he will continue to get better everyday.? For those with horses, it would be the sheep equivelent to a "Dummy Foal"

Here are 2 videos taken yesterday of the lamb:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2624D625Vdk

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aWaXNV8s5Ks