[Jacob-list] thanks for advice! - crop applications

evelyn489 at aol.com evelyn489 at aol.com
Mon Mar 16 11:20:26 EDT 2009

Hi Everyone,

???? Thanks very much for the advice and insight into my situation.? I really appreciate all the time you took to reply.? I definitely understand the plight of the dairy farmer and do a whole economics lecture for my college class that?I teach on price supports and the need to save these American icons and preserve the farmers land and livelyhood.

???? We have talked to the farmer and he is definitely a good guy, no doubt.? But I don't think he understand my concerns when the sprayers come by right next to my sheep or my kids or when it's August and Sept and all my windows and doors are covered by flies and I can't open them.? I'm all for a little country air (I'm not a suburban snob really)? ?but they disperse a huge amount of manure onto this "leased" parcel to reduce their pool to legal limts and unfortunately for me is within 100 feet of my house.? There must be some limit to what they can?disperse.??I will try to talk with him further about any pesticide or herbicide applications.? He's kind of old and most of the people who come out to?their leased feed land do not speak English.? But I will perservere!

???? One day I will buy a?big farm and put my house right smack in the middle, ha ha!!

Thanks - you guys always take the time to help out!

Evelyn

????