[Jacob-list] JSBA AGM

Gary Anderson gbanderson at ucdavis.edu
Mon Jun 29 09:37:16 EDT 2009

The JSBA annual general meeting came and went this weekend. Dan Carpenter,
JSBA president and chair of the AGM local arrangements committee, asked
attendees to send photos and articles to Gail Carpenter, JSBA Newsletter
editor, so the next newsletter will have summaries and highlights of the AGM
for JSBA members unable to attend. A highlight for me was coming home with
two new rams, one of Royal Unzicker's from Pennsylvania and one of Kay
Kreutzer's from Nebraska. Both rams placed near the top of a large ram lamb
class at the AGM sheep show and have the designation 'flock sire' in their
futures. For me, an important benefit of attending the AGM, in addition to
meeting new friends and reconnecting with old ones, is the opportunity to
pick up breeding stock that otherwise is less readily available. An AGM
highlight for Dianne was to hold the winning raffle ticket for the Jacob
sheep watercolor by (and donated to the AGM raffle by) Royal Unzicker; I
knew better than to ask how many tickets we purchased to enhance our chances
of winning this prize!