[Jacob-list] Complete Flock Dispersal

Lynette Frick lynettefrick at gmail.com
Fri Jun 26 12:28:16 EDT 2009

Dear list,

I have the grave announcement that I must have a complete flock dispersal
sale. This time they really absolutey HAVE to go. I am going to remain a
JSBA member, keep two retirees, and hope to own Jacob Sheep sometime again
in the future, but have once again gotten between a rock, and a hard place.
I have neither the time, space, nor finances for livestock at this time in
my life, and this time my family can't help my situation. Anyone who knows
me can tell you that my flock has been my life, I have devoted everything to
them.

For those of you who don't know about the IDEAL FARM flock, I purchased my
first four ewes from Mr. Anderson of Hillside Farms, about four years ago
this October. From there, we incorporated bide a wee, Painted Rock,
Meridian, Craft, Kenleigh, and other bloodlines. The ewes available are ones
that have passed the bar of rigorous culling, with the criteria of: High
Quality Fleeces, Horns, Conformation, Hardyness, parasite resistance, and
for a good portion of the flock daggless bums, and clean bellies. Of coarse
not every sheep has every trait, but the ones that they do all carry are
parasite resistance, and hardyness. I do my own butchering (and we run
fecals on suspect sheep), so unthrifty sheep don't stay long. My goal all
along with my flock has been to breed for medium sized ewes that would take
the rigors of a commercial crossbred production operation, being able forage
well, gain or maintain on less than ideal feed, be highly fertile, easy
lambers, milky, and tight flocking. I don't show my sheep, and have never
had an outbreak (never vaccinated for) Orf. I have maintained very strict
quarantine protocols for all new individuals, and have never had a case of
OPP or had any sheep that has ever tested positive for OPP. Some of the ewes
are coated, and all individuals are registered (Minus one that I forgot to
send papers in for! Ooops). I will guarantee registration on all lambs
purchased as breeding stock.

Please contact me soon if you are interested. I am really hoping to not have
to buy another squeeze of hay. Discounts on group purchases. Shipping may be
available, as I already have some sheep that need shipping to AZ. The prices
on the web page do not reflect current pricing ( which is much lower), and
will be updated (hopefully) by this afternoon.

Thank you all for your help, support, and great sheep talk!

--
Lynette Frick
IDEAL FARM