[Jacob-list] death of a lamb question

Linda patchworkfibers at windstream.net
Sun Jun 14 17:51:25 EDT 2009

Anemia can be a sign of severe parasite infestation. The FAMACHA system
uses eyelid checks to monitor anemia caused by barber pole worms. Here
in the southeast, barber pole infestations are a serious problem and
perhaps the leading cause of lamb deaths.

Thank you for taking the time to necropsy your lamb and to share your
findings with us. I always learn so much from other shepherds on this
list. I hope you'll let us know what you learn.

I'm sorry for your loss. It's so hard to lose one.

Linda

--
http://www.patchworkfibers.com
Registered Jacob Sheep