[Jacob-list] dewormers and anti-diarrheals?

Linda patchworkfibers at windstream.net
Tue Jul 21 18:07:32 EDT 2009

My new ewe lamb came with a serious coccidia load and just went through
a bout of diarrhea. She's fine now, after a five day treatment with Sulmet.
I also treated her with kaolin and was wondering if using anti
diarrheals at the same as dewormers would interfere with the efficiency
of the dewormers? Kaolin works as an absorbent and I believe that
bismuth works also works to coat intestinal walls. Both supposedly bind
to toxins. Would either also bind to whatever oral dewormer you are using?
I know, I have entirely too much free time if I'm sitting here
worrying/wondering about this :-)

Linda

--
http://www.patchworkfibers.com