[Jacob-list] 2009 Jacob Lambs

ARTHUR PARTRIDGE aztreaz at earthlink.net
Sat Jan 31 15:20:59 EST 2009

Why do you have to pay extra to have the shearer do what s/he is supposed
to do?? They are supposed to do gentle and appropriate handling!? My
shearer comes 3/18, and lambs start the end of March...He is always very
gentle and caring with the sheep, and if he weren't, I wouldn't pay him
extra, I'd fire him and find someone else!?
========
Very true; but perhaps she pays extra as a tip for doing a great job. I
pay the shearer extra too. I told him it is 'hazard pay' because he has to
put the boys (rams/wethers) between his legs and they have HUGE horns, some
pointed at the tip. I always pay a little extra for people who I want to
come back and work for me again. Maybe it means I get extra perks, like
fitting me in during a tight schedule.

Cathy
Moscow, Idaho