[Jacob-list] Culling based on horn breakage

Linda patchworkfibers at windstream.net
Sat Aug 22 13:30:22 EDT 2009

If there is a true horn core there and not a scur after the break, I
never cull based on horn breakage. Getting a four horned ewe lamb
through her first year without having her break a horn doesn't always
happen. The horns grow back and you're liable to not any difference
between the ones that broke horns and the ones that didn't when they are
yearlings.

Linda

--
Patchwork Farm Jacob Sheep <http://www.patchworkfibers.com>