[Jacob-list] Pelts

RNS1260 at comcast.net RNS1260 at comcast.net
Tue Aug 18 13:21:56 EDT 2009

I treated our pelts as if I would any other fleece when washing. I did notice that they were not as pliable and I will certainly take any advice in this area. When I prepared our pelts, I picked them up promptly from the butcher. I was told that it would be better to prepare them quickly. I carefully removed any excess meat and salted liberally. Make certain you really get the edges. The next day the pelt had pooled with liquid, which I dumped off and re-salted. By the third salting, I left until dry and shook off the excess salt. I rolled them fur side in and sent them off to be professionally turned into washable pelts.

Rise 'N' Shine