[Jacob-list] washing fleece

Robin Lynde rlynde at onramp113.org
Sun Aug 16 12:05:56 EDT 2009

Interesting how everyone has a different method. When I'm washing raw fleeces I first soak in a big outside sink that I can fill with a hose. After soaking the water drains out onto the dirt and takes with it a lot of the dirt in the wool. Next I put the fleece into hot water with Dawn in my washing machine and turn it off. After soaking for awhile I spin it out. I remove the fleece to fill the washer with hot rinse water. Add wool, soak, spin out. My wool comes out great.

Robin Lynde
Meridian Jacobs
Vacaville, CA
www.meridianjacobs.com